We Are The Partner You Want During Your Divorce
Issues that require a family law attorney are often difficult to grapple with and have wide ranging consequences, both emotionally and financially. At Alward Fisher Rice Rowe & Graf, our lawyers are dedicated to providing comprehensive assistance on family law issues, including providing a steady hand through matrimonial matters.
Our firm provides clients throughout Traverse City and Northern Michigan with high-level representation in divorce, custody, child support and alimony matters. We understand the emotional difficulty of these situations, so we strive to provide the personalized attention and creative solutions necessary to meet the needs of your case.
Handling The Gamut Of Family Law Issues
Since our founding, we have assisted clients with the considerable difficulties that arise during divorces, including walking clients through the complexities of high-asset divorces, which require a keen understanding of the underlying tax and financial issues.
In particular, we have assisted clients with:
- Child custody and visitation. In today’s age, it’s increasingly more important to craft suitable parenting plans that consider the child’s best interests, while balancing the concerns of a parent’s work and life schedule. We can help.
- Child support. Financial stability is a major component of a successful, healthy upbringing. We assist parents with creating plans that work toward establishing that stability while protecting parents and their interests.
- Alimony, spousal support and maintenance. We strive to place clients in favorable positions, whether they are paying or receiving spousal support.
- Property distribution. With extensive experience in divorces involving high assets, we have the diverse background necessary to help clients with all the subtleties of property distribution, including assisting on business valuations, pension and benefits and other matters.
- Modifications of divorce terms. It’s unrealistic for a divorce agreement to reflect the changes in your life. We help clients alter and modify divorce agreements in order to better reflect their current and future living situations.
In addition, we have significant experience helping clients with issues such as mother’s rights, drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and providing help in cases involving domestic violence.
Whether through mediation or other means, our attorneys work so that our clients can succeed with minimal difficulty and resistance. In stressful situations, we pride ourselves on providing a compassionate, yet realistic approach to family law issues.