David Rowe practiced law in Chicago, Illinois until 2004 when he moved back to Michigan. He primarily practices in the areas of business, real estate and condominium law. Mr. Rowe has extensive experience in real estate development and the fractional ownership industry. Mr. Rowe received his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University where he graduated cum laude in 1997, and earned his J.D. from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago where he graduated cum laude in 2001. He is licensed to practice law in Michigan, Illinois and the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Rowe has assisted clients on a variety of matters including complex business and real estate transactions. He counsels corporations and limited liability companies of all types in a wide range of business planning, operational and contractual matters, and mergers and acquisitions. His real estate practice includes representing clients in acquisition, development, disposition and leasing of real estate.
Mr. Rowe also counsels real estate developers and condominium associations on their rights, obligations and powers under the Michigan Condominium Act. Mr. Rowe has assists real estate developers and land owners through the entitlement process for commercial, residential and mixed use developments.
In 2011-2016, Mr. Rowe was been recognized as one of Michigan's Rising Stars by Super Lawyers. He has written articles on the Michigan Condominium Act and the Property Assessment Appeals process.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Corporate
- Real Estate / Construction
- Michigan, 2004
- Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: cum laude
- Michigan State University
- Honors: cum laude
- Written articles on the Michigan Condominium Act
- Written articles on the Property Assessment Appeals process
Honors And Awards
- Recognized as one of Michigan’s Rising Stars by Super Lawyers, 2011
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Grand Traverse - Leelanau - Antrim Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Vacation Properties Network, Legal Counselor
- Querrey & Harrow, LTD, Attorney
- Jones Day Reavis & Pogue, Contract Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Three lakes Association - Director at Large
- Antrim County United Through Ecology
- WATARS Association
- Member, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church